Who Advertises With Us?
Many years ago I was taught a smart lesson by a local small business owner. He commented to me that whenever he goes around and searches for new real estate for his business, all he has to do is locate the nearest big chain supermarket and an accompanying bank. He reasoned that they had already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on real estate and daily traffic reports and so therefore, saved him the time, effort and money. The same could be said for advertising in some ways.
Don’t get bowled over by our enthusiasm, infectious optimism, and winning smiles…….play the game of follow the leader. Look at the following list of advertisers and make the decision for yourself: Would they be advertising on Sarasota’s ONLY FM talk station if it wasn’t working for them?
Anderson Services, Aqua Plumbing & Air, Asolo Rep, Blackbird Home Gallery, Breezy’s Car Wash, Butcher’s Block, Callander’s Auto Tops, Cardinal Mooney H. S., Culligan Water, Dattoli Cancer Center, Day Hagen Asset Management, DeSears Appliances & Furniture, Firkins’s Nissan, Findaddy’s, Fresh Salon & Spa, Florida Clinical Research Center, Geldi – Mercier Realtors, George’s Top & Body Shop, Germain Toyota, Haps Cycle, John Vermeren-Realtor, Kirk Pinkerton Law Firm, Liquor Locker, Lolo’s Blind & Drape Studio, Mary King Law Firm, Mixon Fruit Farm, Natural Awakenings, Neal Communities, Nicki Conway & Associates Realtor, Nuviva Weight Loss, Ophelia’s On The Bay, Peridia Golf Course, Planned Parenthood, Robinhood Rentals, Sam Snead’s, Sarasota Acupuncture, Sarasota Electronics, Sarasota Keys Rotary Club, Sarasota Seafood Market, Savory Street International Café & Bakery, Shamrock Irish Pub, Steve’s Auto Repair, Tatum Ridge Golf Links,Troyer’s Dutch Heritage Restaurant, Valek Insurance, Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, Veteran’s Funeral Service & Cremation, Yoder’s Auto Sales, and many, many, more.
Within our listening area:
City of Sarasota Pop.: 51,917
County Pop.: 370,000
The Talk Radio listener is…
Educated • Informed • Active • Involved
…and Sarasota Talk Radio has those listeners!
EDUCATED AND EXPERIENCED
• 87.1% Have High school graduates • 27.4% Have Bachelor’s degree or higher
• 9.1% Have Graduate degrees or higher …and they’ve acquired life experiences that are required to make solid, informed decisions!
• 79% own their own homes and they’re heavy Internet users • 71% of those eligible exercise their right to vote.
• 70% are over the age of 35 • 44% are over 55
WSRQ listeners share a “desire for knowledge”… 85% rate radio as “important” to “very important” and listen daily while driving and on their computer at home or at work.
WSRQ listeners are informed and active:
• 45% view themselves as politically/fiscally conservative • 32% view themselves as politically/fiscally liberal
• 21% identify themselves as Independents or NPA • 71% of those who are registered exercise their right to vote
WSRQ LISTENERS ARE ACTIVE & AFFLUENT
• Average income per capita is $52,000 • 4% over $100,000 • 38% are retired
For our marketing kit, you can email a request to